Pages

Thursday 19 December 2019

Where does your family came from

Kia Orana & Fakalofa lahi atu! 

My name is Hope, I come from the Islands Rarotonga & Niue!
Half- Half from my mum and dad. Coming from my mum's side she lived in Arorangi. Arorangi is one of the five districts that make up the island of Rarotonga in the Cook Islands. It is located northwest of the district of Titikaveka, and southwest of the district of Avarua. My other half from my father's side is had to communicate because all I know is that he lives in Niue and that is it. If I get more information from him I would love to share the information in this portion!

See you in the next update of the article, or blog post!

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Hope,

    Thank you for sharing your culture and background. It was really interesting to read :)

    Have you had the opportunity to visit your family in Arorangi or Niue before? And, what is the most special parts of your culture to you? I'd love to hear :)

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Orana Erica,

      I've never been to Niue before, but I've been to Rarotonga (Arorangi) before It's was really hot over there and enjoying the summer shine there was amazing, swimming at the beach is stunning!

      Do you like swimming or visiting other family members in different locations? Do you have any families in other districts or countries?

      Warm Regards,
      Hope

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Hope,

      Aw that sounds beautiful! I love to swim so much, I am a total water baby. Do you like to swim? :)

      I have some family down in Christchurch, and also some family in Ireland. I have visited Christchurch a few times to see them, but I have never been to Ireland. Ireland is for sure on my bucket list!!!

      Nga mihi
      Erica

      Delete