Pages

Friday 24 December 2021

Cicadas Do Maths

 For this task I had to create a timeline of what I may be doing when I am 17, 34, 51, 68 and 85. I had to think about where I will be, how I might feel and what I might be doing. 

The reason why I am doing this is because I have learned that Cicadas are able to do maths according to their life cycle and how they are able to prevent usual predator attacks by using the prime numbers. However this task is based on me for every 17 years of my life.

 Below will show my timeline and the information about where I will be, what I could be doing and how I may feel.


17 - I will be a yr 12 still in college working towards NCEA lvl 2. I wish to surround myself with the people who are good and well behaved. I believe I will be studying hard to succeed and achieve my goals along the way, giving back to those who I owe, living the best and having fun. I hope to have learned how to drive and work a small job earning pocket money.

34 - I believe I will be in my first year working as a Cosmetic Surgeon usually earning between $72,000 and $124,000. Using the income I will pay off the fees. I wish to keep in contact with current friends at school and will totally keep in touch with my family. Hoping I will find a home that I can settle into before having my own little “Hope” family.

51 - Hopefully by then I will have a family of my own, supporting them along their way through life including my original. As I said before I believe I would be a Cosmetic Surgeon hopefully working in the private sector at the top will earn me up to 600,000 which will help me support my loved ones and myself with bills, mortgage, landmark, etc

68 - At this age I would want to make the most of being at a average age to be able to go around and have fun. Go overseas, travel, trips, hangouts or do things that will be memorable. Catch up with people or go out and explore more. I may have a partner to company throughout the activities and perhaps have my family/friends tag along.

85 - Around this age I would probably be looking after grandchildren. I would most likely be retired, resting and relaxing. I would feel like living the rest of my life enjoying and supporting my loved ones, wishing for the best until the end.

3 comments:

  1. Mōrena Hope!

    My name is Charlotte and I am a commenter for the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey!

    WOW! This is an amazingly detailed description of your future life! You have some incredible ambitions! A cosmetic surgeon?! You must be highly intelligent! Ka pai!

    Where would you like to travel when you are 68?

    Because you went into so much detail, along with describing the task and some information about cicadas, I am labelling this as an OUTSTANDING post!

    Pai mahi Hope! Did you know that there are many other SLJ activities you can have a go at?

    Meri Kirihimete!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Orana Charlotte!

      Thank you for your lovely comment and heartfelt words. I have had big hopes of becoming Cosmetic Surgeon. Helping people with needs or changes is a way of me giving back to my community and especially my family, the income will provide us more than enough.

      I have always dreamed of going to Japan. I have heard about the many places I could visit, and from the stories I have heard I just know I would not be bored. However I would love to travel to Japan at any age and going there is totally on my bucket list being able to fulfil that dream would be AMAZING!!

      I have seen many amazing SLJ activities posted on the blog. However I am very occupied here at home, but whenever I am free I will give these activities a try in hopes of also posting them on my blog too!

      Thank you for commenting, have a wonderful day and have a spectacular Christmas tomorrow :)

      Many thanks,
      Hope

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Hope!

      I wonder, with that greeting, are you from the Cook Islands?

      Cosmetic surgery is very important! People with burns, or missing limbs will benefit so much from your work!

      Giving back to your community is so special. You should feel very proud of yourself to want to give back.

      You will never get bored in Japan! It is full of so many sights and wonders! I wish you good luck on getting there eventually!

      No worries! It is a busy time of year to spend with friends and whānau! I would love to see more of your work, though!!

      Thank you for your reply and I wish you a very lovely Kirihimete!

      Ngā mihi nui,
      Charlotte :)

      Delete