Pages

Monday 24 August 2020

Teeth - Short Film (Writing Task)


WALT: use carefully selected words and phrases for the topic of the writing (adj, nouns, verbs)

Nouns

Adjectives

Verbs

  1. Teeth

  2. Fish

  3. Boat

  4. Men

  5. Lake

  6. Fishing Rod


  1. Black and White

  2. Ridiculous 

  3. Irish

  4. Humorous 

  5. Fishing

  6. Old

  1. Enjoyable

  2. Doubt

  3. Karma

  4. Valuable

  5. Balance

  6. Sneeze



  1. (Pretending I’m one of the old men in the video) When I was out fishing with my old colleague, we were silently waiting for a catch but my nose had a little itch, a big sneeze came out, and out came my dentures. My friend laughed at the scene. I lean over to where my teeth laid, and oops. My teeth fall into the deep and cold lake. I hear the most enjoyable laugh next to me while I look up at him and give him a stare. Moments later, I feel him bump against me. I realized he caught a fish. He pats my shoulder, I turn to find my dentures in the fishes mouth, I quickly take the teeth out of its mouth and into mine...It doesn’t fit? I chuck it back into the lake because I knew it wasn’t mine. 


  1. (Slight Change - Different Ending) When I was out fishing with my old colleague, we were silently waiting for a catch but my nose had a little itch, a big sneeze came out, and out came my dentures. My friend laughed at the scene. I lean over to where my teeth laid, and oops, my teeth fell into the deep and cold lake. I widened my eyes and looked up at my friend who was laughing hysterically on the other side of the boat. I quickly took my hat and shoes off and then I took a deep breath and dived into the lake, searching for my dentures. THERE it is! I found my teeth at the bottom of the lake. I swam back to the surface, I see my worried friend who helped me onto the boat and tells me how crazy and insane I am. I explained to him that without my teeth, I won’t be able to eat properly. He agreed and we continued fishing. 


  1. (Writing a pretend script of what they are saying) 


Old man 1: Ha! Ha! Ha Choo!


Old man 2: (Laughing then Points to the side of the boat)


Old man 1: (Feels his mouth, then looks where his friend is pointing) - (He reaches for the dentures quietly then it falls into the lake)


Old man 2: (Still laughing)


Old man 1: Oh please I’m been through worse.


Moments Later…


Old man 2: Ooo lookie here I’ve caught myself a fish! 


Old man 1: (Rolls eyes)


Old man 2: (Pulls the fish out and smiles) *Thinking: What if I…(Puts his own dentures into the fishes mouth to make it look like it was Old man 1’s teeth. He shows the fish to Old man 1)


Old man 1: Oh gosh you’ve found my dentures well not just you along with this fish. (He puts the dentures into his mouth...he realizes it doesn’t fit. He chucks it back into the lake)


Old man 2: Hold up that’s my- (The dentures have already disappeared into the lake)


 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Hope for completing your Writing task. It was a joy reading through your work, particularly your script for the old men. Your humour is very evident in your Writing and it makes it a joy to always check out your blog and learning tasks. Meitaki :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Work, keep it up nice work it is awesome but make sure to add some full stops besides that Keep it up

    ReplyDelete